TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
Remove the cling film 1-3 hours after getting tattooed, and wash your tattoo with clean hands in warm running water with mild soap. Gently wash away any ointment, dried blood or plasma and completely clean the area. Be sure that all secretions and soap residue are rinsed off.
After washing the tattoo, lightly pat it dry with a paper towel or a clean towel and let it air dry for 24 hours before applying provided aftercare cream.
With clean hands, apply a thin layer of aftercare cream (available from the front-counter at the studio). Rub the cream in gently as this will help stimulate the skin and bring blood flow to the area which helps in the healing process.
it is vital that with all tattoos no matter how big or small that it is kept clean and dry throughout the healing process. Cream is applied 1-2 times a day and sparingly to give the skin room to breathe and heal. keep applying the cream until the tattoo has finished healing
Stages of healing
1. the tattoo is fresh and will feel senstive and gives that 'sunburnt' feeling. during this stage the tattoo may have some inflamation and redness.
2. this usually 1-2 days after the tattoo. the swelling starts to subside and the redness will fade slightly. (for big tattoos this can take a few more days)
3. this is day 3-5 of the healing process. the linework of the tattoo will feel raised this is completely normal. keep using the cream during this stage.
4. day 5-8 you will start to notice the tattoo becoming flakey or dry. This is apart of the process. do not pick, peel or over moisturise the tattoo. Let it do its thing!
5. although it may look and feel healed it still requires cream for upto 2-3 weeks after the tattoo session.